The city tourism of Innsbruck offers a historical
grown centre of culture with a 800-year-old history. Innsbruck is known
for its art treasures and famous for the "golden roof", the black man
and the Imperial Hofburg.
Living history connected with big names like Kaiser Maximilian I. and
Maria Theresia, places of historic battles for the freedom of Tirol.
Go to ski from the centre of the city directly to the mounain top. A
football team which plays in Austrias highest football league. Shopping in the city and being surrounded by Alpine mountains.
The tourism in Innsbruck has a lot to offer.
Innbruck had 2.101.856 overnight stays in the year 2006.
The top ten nations according to overnight stays:
1. Germany ... 528.734 overnight stays
2. Austria ... 416.459 overnight stays
3. Italy ... 148.087 overnight stays
4. Asia with Japan 139.467 overnight stays
5. USA ... 125.769 overnight stays
6. Netherlands ... 114.366 overnight stays
7. France ... 110.286 overnight stays
8. Great Britain ... 88.970 overnight stays
9. Spain with Latin America ... 75.509 overnight stays
10. Switzerland ... 69.018 overnight stays